Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education Program is a state sponsored Pre-K program with certified teachers that strives to enhance cognitive, emotional and social development among preschoolers from low income homes and prepares them to enter the public school system.
- Offers a safe, nurturing, loving, fun learning environment for all children
- Texas School Ready Certified School
- Part-time care for 3&4 year olds
- Year round care for children
- Summer camp for school age children
- School pick up for school age children
- Open 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM Daily
- Enrollment – August each year; ongoing as space allows (license limit to 85)
- Ages - 18 months-age 5
- Cost – Sliding scale or no cost depending on residence and income
Parents Registration Information:
Contact Frances Hinojosa, Assistant Center Manager, to schedule an appointment. Appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance. On your appointment day, bring the documents listed below. If you are missing any of the documentation, we will be unable to process your application.
- Last 3 check stubs or a current letter from your employer stating rate of pay, hours and days worked per week.
- If in training or high school, bring a letter from the school, stating days and hour per week of attendance.
- Proof of other income, if any (Food Stamps, TANF, CS, or SSI)
- Texas Driver's license or identification card
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Birth certificate for the enrolling child
- Current immunization record for the enrolling child
- Completed physician statement of child's health within the last year prior to the date on this application.
- $25.00 Registration Fee
Your child's enrollment will be based on space availability in the age group and total capacity of the center.